From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 1994 04:53:03 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Tom Fortier
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>Well, everyone, I just finished hearing the game on the radio, and as you now
>know, Northeastern pulled off the mild upset by beating BU 3-1.

>I know that the game was decided by the end of the
>first period, as the Huskies held a 2-1 advantage after the first twenty
>minutes.  Two quick goals by the Huskies in the early going was all that they
>needed.  BU scored one, and that was it for the night for the Terriers.  An
>empty netter with two seconds left accounted for the final margin.

I'm a bit confused. How could BU score an "empty netter" at the end of
the first period? Did Northeastern pull its goalie to rest or did BU
score its goal with the net open? (For clarity's sake, scoring an open
netter and scoring with the net open aren't quite the same thing, as an
open netter implies a pulled goalie.)

>...... Without trying to sound biased here, the better team tonight did not
>win.

Kind of a bold statement to make when you heard the game on the radio
and weren't there. Announcers have a way of getting excited over nothing...
(I don't mean to dump on BU, but commentaries taken from the radio aren't
that telling...)

Ryan Robbins               "Nothing in fine print is ever good news."
University of Maine                                  -- Andy Rooney