From:
Rachel Reingold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rachel Reingold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 1994 22:51:59 -0500
This is my first posting, so if I mess up, I apologize in advance.

The entire Kent State hockey team has called for the resignation of head
coach Bill Sweetaj.  In an oral satement made to the Daily Kent Stater,
team members said: "There is no working relationship with Switaj.  We feel
he is incompetent as a coach.  The problem is a team problem.  It is not
an individual's problem.  This did not happen overnight, it has been going
on for years.  Each player from last year signed a letter (of complaint)
and 17 of them have returned this year."

Ex-Kent State players corroborated the current player's statement of
Switaj's incompetence.  At issue is also a hazing incident that occured in
1988 which player's accuse Switaj of helping to cover-up.  The incident
nearly killed a player and led to the suspension (for a year) of the KSU
team by the university.

Will post more when I hear it.

Rachel Reingold                 "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane"
"Roach"                                         -Jimmy Buffett