From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 1994 22:54:32 -0500
First off, I'd like to request that when you are posting game results,
please include a date, or at least a day of the week. Posts don't always
arrive the same day they're made if things get backed up. Please always
include a day of the week so we can keep things straight. Another thing,
please make sure you include both teams who are playing too! It seems
evident but I saw a post earlier that said that Colorado College won
5-1 but didn't say who they beat! (Who did CC beat anyways and was it
on Friday or Saturday???)

SECONDLY, I'm taking a poll regarding conference awards. I took one
last year and it got a decent response. What I'd like is for people to
vote for the following awards for their conference:

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
GOALIE OF THE YEAR
COACH OF THE YEAR

PLEASE
1) Vote for your top 3 candidates in each category. Please rank them in
        order; unranked ballots will not be counted. Also, if you only
        feel you know the best or 2 best, feel free to omit a #3 if
        necesary.
2) Please only vote in the conference(s) you follow closely enough to make
        a decision. You can vote for awards in more than one conference but
        I'd ask that you do so judiciously and only if you really know enough
        about the leagues to make a decision.
3) Please vote responsibly. I will not disqualify ridiculous ballots. I will
        count all votes except for those discussed in #1 and those which
        don't apply (ie you vote for a forward for goalie of the year). However,
        for the integrity of this poll, please vote responsibly. This isn't
        NHL All-Star balloting... don't vote for someone who's been injured all
        year.
4) Deadline is Friday March 11 at noon.

I will repost this poll a couple other times in the future. After this
poll is completed, I will conduct a similar poll for national awards.