From:
Glen Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 1994 00:28:41 EST
  Michigan State got out to a 1-0 lead a the end of 1 period, extended
it to 3-0 before Michigan got one to get it to 3-1. MSU got two more
in the third to make the final 5-1.

  The Michigan Machine (and it is a smooth running machine) came out
strong early and I thought had the better of the play for most of the
game, especially the first two periods.  Several scoring palyw were well
set up (that's plays now that I can't backtrack) and everything looked great,
except the puck wouldn't go in the net and that continued throughout the
game pretty much - just no scoring.  It wasn't all goalie Buzak (I'm
pretty uninformed about hockey skiils - they all look good to me) since
some shots just didn't get in, although he did a credible job also at
times and between the bac luck and Buzak, Michigan just couldn't get anything
to show for their efforts.  Michigan State played with a lot of spirit and
a lot of luck, but they two had some missed including two real bellringers
first off the left post (came off at nearly a 90 degree angle and got out
to the sideboards) and later off the right post.

  The spelling/typing in this is atrocious, but I'm not up to retyping it.