From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:40:34 -0800
I hereby nominate you for commish of the ECAC! Right on.

I just hope that some of the concern expressed on this list both now and
previously, makes it way to the powers that be in the ECAC... somethign
needs to be done. Someone please leak the info to them ... :-)

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

See my comments in CAPS

========
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> 3. Might well change - it's never too late to start doing things right.

AMEN

> I'm strongly of the opinion that ECAC Hockey should form its own hockey-only
> conference.  The only strong allegiance any member has is the solidarity of
> the Ivies, and they can well keep it by making the move en masse.  First
> things first: put hockey people in charge.  Can you imagine where ECAC
> hockey would be today if say Bill Cleary (this from a Harvard-hater,
> remember...), or some other absolutely unapologetic booster of the game, had
> been at the helm?
===================

DITTO. SHORTENED SEASON CUTS OFF YOUR NOSE TO SPITE YOUR FACE. DONT
COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING NON-COMPETITIVE IF YOU DONT AT LEAST PLAY AN EQUAL
NUMBER OF GAMES WITH THE OTHER CONFERENCES.

> Some ECAC requirements are no more than cosmetic -- there is no reason on
> earth to go to an October 15 start date and a total 12 NC games matching the
> other leagues -- not doing so is just puerile obstinacy.  I hope it will
> change, when the people in charge have an inkling what the game is about.

AGREED. I AM REMINDED OF SCHOOLS LIKE STANFORD. THEY RECRUIT EXCELLENT
ATHLETES *BECAUSE* THEY ARE EXCELLENT ACADEMICALLY. THERE IS NO REASON
WHY THE ECAC CANT USE THE ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IDEA TO RECRUIT INSTEAD OF
BEING A THORN.