Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1993 12:39:00 EDT
        Just a little tid bit from the Maine/Lowell game that I thought was
funny and interesting.  After a stoppage in play there was an altercation
between some of the players and the officials got involved to break it up.  My
Dad, who was sitting next to me at the game goes "Watch This, The Linesman will
probably not be able to find the puck."  The puck was resting on top of the
boards I guess because it popped up and just landed flat on top of the dasher.
Fans in my section were yelling but the refs did not hear us.  So, the Linesman
went and got another puck and the play resumed with the old one sitting on the
boards.
        I could not believe what was happeing and the people in my section were
dying to see a check or something dislodge the old puck and cause a little
confusion on the ice!  Sure enough Maine rapped the puck around the boards and
the two hit causing there to be two pucks in play.  The whistle was blown,
everyone was confused, and I laughed because that is a first for me at a hockey
game.  Now the UNH/BU game had two pucks thrown on the ice but this one was the
only one I have ever seen that successfully hid from the lineseman!!  And, By
the way, what kind of an official gives up the search for a puck that he knows
didn't go into the crowd?  Well, anyway, I got a kick out of the situation!