Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1993 10:58:52 GMT
Well folks, two major (well at least one *grin*) upsets tonight in the ECAC
semifinals. We ended up driving back tonight, as our hotel accomodations were...
less than acceptable :)  Anyway, a major disappointment tonight for RPI and
Harvard fans, and a HUGE rush for the sparse Brown crowd that showed up for
the tourney.  Someone sure lit a fire under them as they definitely had
the most spirit of any crowd there.  Their band even paraded up the street to
the Olympic center beforehand *smirk*, anyone know if EVERY band did and that
was the only one I saw?

As a first timer in Lake Placid, I was fairly impressed with the Olympic
Center, although I had hoped it would have a better sound system :/ or at LEAST
that all the bands would stop playing when they were trying to announce things..
yeah I know, never happen.. *grin*

Anyway, as for the games:

Clarkson-RPI

*sigh*

RPI looked incredibly like the team I saw lose to Colgate in the first game
of the quarterfinals.  Passes NEVER hit the sticks, most of the time being
intercepted by Clarkson.  The defense was one big hole, as Clarkson usually
marched untouched into RPI's defensive zone.  RPI was fooled a few times also
by Rogales (sp) passing the puck to someone waiting on the far blue line, I
dont THINK they got burned because of it, but I may be wrong.  RPI looked like
they were afraid to hit anyone out there, heh, they looked intimidated...
        The reffing was actually fairly decent, amazing considering that
Amian was doing half of it :)  Few calls throughout, no overactive players from
either side, there was approx, oh.. 7 penalties called in the game...
        RPI good notes.. few, but there are some.  Little did a really good
job in net, despite the five goals.  There were some INDCREDIBLE saves tonight
by both Rogales and Little, it seemed to come down to who got lucky :)
Mr. Pasco had a beautiful goal as well, skating the puck up the ice and
coming parallel to the blue line, perhaps five-ten feet in the zone to lay a
slapshot between the glove and right leg of Rogales (boy I REALLY hope I am
spelling this right *grin*)
        Clarkson was just clicking tonight, and RPI wasnt.  RPI is too spurty
they played AWFUL for the most part, but then at times, they looked incredible
*smile* same old story.  If the game were to be played again.. who knows...

Harvard-Brown

        The most interesting thing about this game is that Harvard did not play
bad!!  Brown just played out of their minds :)  This game was for the most part
uneventful, but it did have some VERY nice saves by both Finch and Israel (any
ideas on why they didnt start Tracy?), and some REMARKABLY close pucks skitting
by the Brown net.  The fans that travelled all the way from Brown were rewarded
tonight as Brown played as well as any ECAC team I have seen this year, (now
if they only had a Rogales or a Little... or even a Soucy *grin*) anyway
the score ended up 3-1 as ya already know, and now heh, #3 and #4 will be
playing for the chamionship and #1 and #2 for consolation.  Oh RPI-Clarkson
game was 5.3 btw.

Now, does anyone know what has to happen if RPI still wants to go to NCAA?
If Brown DOES end up winning... then Clarkson and Brown AND Harvard will go, more
than likely, think there is still room for RPI?  Is it possible, errr probable
I should say that they will take four from the ECAC? anyway, thats how it went
a sad day for the True Rulers of the ECAC, to be sure *grin*  The games tomorrow
should be interesting.. I cant wait :) :) :)

                                                Scott

Ohh btw, anyone know for certain the significance of the brown chant 'Bruno?'
maybe I am just clueless :)