Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1993 09:00:18 EST
Saturday, 20 February 1993, Yost Ice Arena, Ann Arbor MI

Bowling Green      0  1  0 --  1        4   8   7 -- 19
Michigan           6  2  4 -- 12       13  13  18 -- 44

 2:17 UM Sakala 1 (Neaton,Wiseman)
 2:58 UM Stiver 18 (Ward)
 5:21 UM Roberts 15 (unassisted) 4-on-4
10:43 UM Stewart 15 (Wiseman,Oliver) pp
11:11 UM Oliver 29 (unassisted) pp
15:22 UM Wiseman 9 (Stewart) sh
27:47 UM Stiver 19 (Roberts,Wiseman)
34:25 BG Harkins 17 (Ackerman) 4-on-4
37:33 UM Knuble 19 (Sittler)
43:16 UM Sacka 6 (Arnold)
50:10 UM Roberts 16 (Ouimet) sh
56:13 UM Oliver 30 (Stewart,Wiseman) pp
56:44 UM Sacka 7 (Tamer) pp

Attendance: 6610
Stars:  1-UM Wiseman  2-UM Roberts  3-UM Ward

Michigan closes 3-0-0 versus BGSU, with a composite score of 24-2.

David Oliver notched his 30th goal for the second consecutive season.

Steve Shields again did not record the complete game, as Al Loges logged
20:00 in the Michigan net making 7 saves (no goals against).

BGSU stuck with Clarke in goal for the entire contest, which won't help
his GAA.

The game was never close, but I think BG received the worst of the
officiating.  In the second period, BG's Pronger was given a 5:00 major
and game misconduct for a spear which I never saw.  Keith, I forgot to
ask you after the game, did you see it?  As expected the game was
somewhat physical and had the potential to turn ugly.  BG's Lune, rhymes
with goon, was up to his usual tricks late in the game and with 4:42
remaining was handed a 2:00 minor and 5:00 major, giving Michigan a power
play for the rest of the evening.  The call may have been warranted, but
I was suprised to see 7:00 go up for BG and nothing for Michigan.

As always, it was a pleasure to see Keith Instone before and after the
game.  Keith relayed to me the grim news that Miami had again defeated
UIC, putting another nail into the CCHA regular season championship.

Being the vindictive SOB that I am, I'll close with this note.  I truly
hope that Michigan manages to avoid BGSU and Michigan State in the post-
season this year.  Leaving Brett Harkins with a 12-1 defeat and Bryan
Smolinski with an 11-1 drubbing as their last memories of Michigan would
be just fine.  :-)

  John H
  U Mich