From:
The Donosaur <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Donosaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1992 09:13:59 EST
Hmm...

Well, I suspect not too many of us HOCKEY-Listers subscribe to the New
Yorker, but I do.

In the December 21 issue, there's a great hockey-related bit of humor,
however.  A little blurb about the New York Supper Club Hockey League of
1937-38, complete with picture.  From the blurb: "...A table at mid-ice
was best, because things could get crowded around the nets, but the
truth about an evening at the New York SUpper Club Hockey Leage is that
it was thrilling only for a period or so.  Then the ice spray, the cold
seeping up through the soles of your shoes, those big, grunting men all
chopping their sticks and cursing away, inches from your face...the
waiters and referees all wore tuxes, so you can imagine the tumult
involved in trying to order a round of drinks!" Great picture of "Sig
Horvath's Hockienda," too...

Anyway, just a little something to share with those of you who don't
read anything but THN...

Don

"One Christmas was so much like another...that I can never remember
whether it snowed for fix days and six nights when I was twelve or
whether it snowed for twelve days and twelve nights when I was six."
      --Dylan Thomas, "A Child's Christmas in Wales"