Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 91 20:06:52 EST
Merrimack played Alaska Fairbanks Wednesday night.  Merrimack didn't play as
sharp as this Warrior fan has seen them play, but they managed to have a 3-1
lead with 13:00 minutes left in the third.  Then, Alaska-Fairbanks opened the
floodgates.  Alaska-Fairbanks scored 6 goals in the last 13:00 minutes.  The
defense couldn't get the puck out of their own end, and the Warrior front lines
were not clicking.

Alaska-Fairbanks' goalie I thought played excellent.  Granted, if the Warriors
played up to par, the Nanooks would probably have gone home a loser, but it
wasn't meant to be.

Merrimack plays Boston College Saturday night.  They had better play better
then, or the game will be over in the first period.

The thing that surprised me most about the game was that Merrimack's starting
goalie Yannick "Goose" Gosselin.  He was on the bench and ready to play.  Why
he didn't play is beyond me.