From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1992 12:37:22 EDT
(Tim Taylor)
>When Dave Peterson fell ill,
>Taylor took over as head coach at the Worlds? in Canada last years.  Taylor's
>international experience and knowledge of the game ake him a solid choice.

Actually, it was the late Bob Johnson who became ill last summer following
which Taylor directed Team USA to a second-place finish in the 1991 Canada Cup.

I think I mentioned before, I was pushing Shawn Walsh for the job but I do
like the choice of Taylor.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

- mike