From:
Tim Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1992 12:01:44 EDT
Talking about Olympic hockey, what does everyone think of the new
president of the NHL's idea of taking a break in the pro-hockey season
to allow players to play in the Olympics?  Personally, I think it would
be a bad idea.  I would hate to see anything happen like the Dream Team.
We need to let our amateurs/collegians play.  The Olympic games is
a source of pride, a way to represent one's country.  As on the Dream Team,
a gold medal wouldn't mean half as much to an NHL player as the Stanley Cup.
Amateurs/collegians, while obviously not as good most of the time as NHL
players, would have a much stronger will to win gold then NHL players.
What do the rest of you think?

* Tim Harrison   *  Canton Street Hockey Association      *
* R3TLH          *  Canton, Ohio                          *
* AkronVM        *  Team Captain, North Canton FUSION     *