From:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Heasley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:57:48 -0700
It seemed like the typical CC-DU game, with alot of physical play and
roughing. 38 penalties called in all. At one point in the first period, we
had 4x4, 4x3 CC, 3x3, 4x4, 4x3 CC, 4x4, and 5x4 CC out of 5 penalties
called in 2 1/2 minutes. Makes me glad I was in the stands tonight and
not upstairs typing and trying to figure out who got what power play. For
as much as what was called, they were still getting away with some things. I
couldn't believe Bjorn Engstrom only got a double roughing. He was sitting on
Dan Peters pinning him to the ice and beating his head, and assistant referee
Peter Friesema had to tackle Engstrom to knock him off of Peters.

It will be a great loss to the Tigers if Toby Petersen ends up out for an
extended period of time due to whatever leg injury he has from slamming
into the boards during the second period. After last weekend in Minnesota,
he was third in points for the team, with 6 goals and 4 assists so far on
the year. If it is a fracture, the best we can hope is that he can heal as
quickly as Stewart Bodtker did last year after breaking his leg during the
Denver Cup tournament.

Same two teams take their feud to McNichols Arena in Denver tomorrow
night, as CC tries to hold on to their perfect 7-0 record so far.

Karen Heasley
Colorado College '95
[log in to unmask]   * [log in to unmask]

CC Tiger Hockey Homepage: http://www.ColoradoCollege.edu/Athletics/Hockey/