From:
Jimmy Page is GOD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jimmy Page is GOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 00:49:01 -0400
        The RPI/BU game was pretty good. I think that RPI looks better now than
they did last year. I say more body checks (real looking body checks that is) in
this first game than I did in any of the games last year.
        That new Gardiner guy is awesome. He's big (!!!!), he can skate
relatively fast, he hustles around and chases the puck down, and he scores (he
had one goal). I like Garver too. He is always hustling about. Hustle can make
up alot for missing talent.
        I was pretty pissed at the 5th BU goal though. Did anyone else see the
RPI defensemen (or maybe it was a forward ???), get dragged down right in front
of the goal about 4 seconds before that last goal got scored? Why the hell
wasn't that penalty called? It wasn't like it wasn't obvious... all eyes were on
the goal as BU was setting up their attack.
        These ECAC refs. make me sick. I hope that RPI doesn't have to struggle
the rest of the year with this crappy officiating. I'm impressed big time by
the new goalie (    . He only let in that one bad goal through the five hole. He
was flopping all over the place and making some pretty confident saves.
        I think RPI is going to be better off this year than people think (as
long as they can keep up the hustle... and we all know RPI has trouble with
that). If they can have a pretty good game against BU, I think they should do
alright.
        Anybody else think that 5th goal was iffy?

        Bryce.