From:
Veronica Rodriguez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 1996 01:37:58 -0500
Ok i will recap and update you on their games at the nationals.

WED. FEB. 28th 1996
Early in the game Center Ben Ruston (19) assisted the first goal which was
scored by John Muntz(11, defence and my favorite player) making it 1-0.
Iowa scored it's first goal too.
In the second period Iowa scored 2 goals making it 3-1.
the third period the second goal was scored when 90 seconds into the third
period right wing Andy Knick(15 and cute too.) set up Ruston.
"We out-skated, outshot (and ) outperformed them," Coach Leo Golembieski
(also ex-blackhawk goalie) said.
The coach also praised Joel Hilshey(30 and star goalie) who had been injured
weeks before at an away game.

THURS.FEB. 29th
In the first period the first 2 goals were scored by left wing Brian
Consolino (9) and Left wing Peter Scott(22). Mark Thawley (33 and defense)
had an assist on the first goal for the 100th point of his az career.
ASU converted a 5on3 power play with 11 seconds left in the period to make it
2-1.
In the second period JOHN MUNTZ(11) scored 9 minutes into the second period
giving the Icecats a lead of 3-1. (Isn't he a beaut)
ASU scored later in the second period making it 3-2.
The winning goal was set up when freshman Bob Majka (16 and defense) sent a
clearing pass to Center Kevin Oztekin (23) who saw left wing Sam
Battaglia(26) breaking on goal and hit him with a perfect pass that Battaglia
redirected into the net.
MAKING IT 4-3. Cats win.

March1 1996
ICECATS LOST TO PENN....4-2
details tomorrow.

If anyone wants a program of the Icecats please send a self addressed stamped
envelope to
Veronica Rodriguez
1570 W. Plac Senda Chula
Oro Valley AZ. 85737
and email me to tell me at [log in to unmask]
I HAVE FIVE LEFT.