From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 13:50:49 -0500
On Feb 6, 10:56am, Bryan C. Priem wrote:
> I think there should be a limit to how many items can be thrown on the ice
> during the game before a penalty is incurred, but to ban such a specific
> item?  Seems a bit biased.  Let us know when gophers become an endangered
> species.  Maybe then those who throw them out on the ice will think twice.
> Is there something wrong with having a little school spirit?
>-- End of excerpt from Bryan C. Priem

This is just my opinion but I find the idea of killing animals, endangered
or not, in the name of "school spirit" completely repulsive.  And further,
the thought of a dead, bloody carcus (sp) hitting the ice is equally
disgusting.
I understand school spirit and juvenile activities and have engaged in both.
But, in this case, I think those who do this need to consider another
way of supporting their team.

--
Matt Wickey                                 LSSU '86
CIMLINC Inc.                                National Champs 88 92 94