From:
robert Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 15:34:49 -0600
>Class of '96 has fond memories of Old Mariucci
[snip]
> Mention the old Mariucci Arena around those people close to Gophers
> hockey and the response is almost automatic. Smiles creep across
> their faces, time is suddenly turned back and a distant gaze fills
> their eyes as they remember. ...
[snip]
> And the players take pride in carrying on the winning tradition and
> feel of Gophers hockey on the other side of Fourth Street.
[snip]
> "The building is great and all," Trebil said. "But it's more the
> feeling that we've brought from across the street that makes this
> place great."

<sniff, sniff>  I really miss that old barn.  It was dark, damp,
uncomfortable and falling apart.  But there is no other building that
holds as many memories for me.  I got to play there when I was
younger and coming up those stairs gave me the chills.  Knowing the
legends that played there and walked up those same stairs.  Wow.

Ok, enough of that.  Thanks for letting me reminisce.

Rob