From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 21:49:16 EST
I would also point out that if RPI makes the tournament, it would play in
Albany.  :-)

I would also point out that Maine has never played at the Knickerbocker Arena.
In 1992 Maine was bounced out in the infamous Saturday Night Massacre at
Providence, resulting in four Western teams playing for the national
championiship.  In 1994 maine forfeited all those games keeping it out of the
tournament, and now, in 1996, again no NC$$ playoffs.  Of course that means bad
news if your a Maine fan for 1997, 1999, and (hopefully) 2001, when the
finals just might return to the Knick.

But seriously, I have not been overly impressed with the RPICH so far this
year.  I am not 100% sold on seeding via computer, and apparently the committee
shares these doubts.  I do think it is possible that two Western teams could
be playing at the Knick, but I can't imagine the Committee awarded a #2 seed to
a Western team.  Again I cite the problem in the lack of out of conference
play by the WCHA, particularly against Eastern teams, as a strong reason to
deny a Western team a #2 in the East.  But I think it's likely a WCHA team
might play in the Knick, since I would imagine the Committee would like to place
Michigan and Western Michigan at Munn, and would be obliged to site Michigan

State there as well.

So like Tony said, I bet someone is going to get screwed, and I have the feeling
that this year, it's not going to be Colorado.  (cue up the eerie background
music.)
Brian Morris                          RPI--it's a new year