From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 07:04:11 -0700
Walt makes the point that two hour daily and rigourous practices
compromises the optimum atmosphere for scholarship.  I could not agree
more.  My response is not to comment on athletes' relative intelligence
vis a vis the remainder of the student body, but to point out that
whether we like it or not, at many schools athletes in the major sports
(which hockey may or may not be, but clearly is at schools such as BU or
Minnesota) are poorly paid employees whose payment (education) is
compromised by the terms of employment (a demanding practice and game
schedule.)  I enjoy college hockey, but I have a less benign view of
those who run the game than many on this list.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
NAYIM FROM THE HALFWAY LINE!!!