From:
Shining Path <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shining Path <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 11:20:55 -0600
Hello Everyone out there:
   I just read Bryan's letter and I think you are a little off the path.
You rip on Tom Reid for what?  Frank Mazzacco and him do one hell of a
job broadcasting hockey games.  He is a Gopher fan.  I would hope so. He
is doing Gopher Hockey games on MSC. (The Golden Gopher Hockey
Connection).  If you have access to MSC or any other sports network this
wknd, you should be able to catch the College Hockey Showcase.  It pits
the four Big Ten schools (Minnesota and Wisconsin from the WCHA) and
(Michigan and Michigan State from the CCHA).  This will be the third year
MSC has covered it and they have always done a great job.  They are able
to call the game from any fan's viewpoint.  It is common sense that you
will be biased toward the team you know most about.  They will make the
game enjoyable for any fan watching whether you are a Michigan, Mich St,
Wisc, or Minnesota fan.  Tom and Frank have been doing games for a long
time.  I find watching the games very enjoyable because they seem to
mix humor and interesting stats and seem to make the game more exciting
to watch.  I have watched local coverage of other D1 hockey schools and
the announcers know nothing of any of the players and they have no idea
about the game of hockey. (A lot of times, they will have the local news
sportscaster do the games.) For any Gopher fan in and around Minnesota,
I think we are lucky to have two guys who enjoy doing the games and not
because it is just their job.

                                                aaron.

P.S. Has anyone heard any word on that Sinuhe Wallenheimo CD?