From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 01:20:16 -0100
At 11:58 PM 11/10/95, Eeyore wrote:
>Arthur Berman wrote:
>
>>Otherwise this was a fast paced yet occasionally hard hitting game by two
>>good teams played on the 200x100 surface at the new UNH rink.
>>
>Is this the first Olympic-sized rink among the Eastern schools?  We have a
>lot of them in the WCHA and I agree, I like the way it changes the game.

No, the Mullins Center at UMass is 200x100.  And, this season Northeastern
expanded its ice surface to 200x90 from 185x87.5, supposedly without losing
any seats (they had a lot of room to work with at the ends of the rink).
Also rumored to have Olympic-sized rinks in the works are Lowell and
Merrimack (the former is scheduled to open in 1997, I believe; the latter
is very much in the early stages, nothing is official).

In the ECAC, Vermont's rink is 200x90.  Harvard's rink dimensions are
listed as 204x87.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93