From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 18:59:55 -0100
At 5:52 PM 11/6/95, Tyler S. Cyr wrote:
>I remember hearing some time last year that UConn would be joining Hockey
>East in the near future(next season?).  I was just wondering if this was
>true and, if so, when will it actually happen?

This is one of those rumors that has been making the rounds for a while and
will probably continue to do so.  As far as I know, there are no current
plans to admit UConn or anyone else.

It is rumored that UConn and a couple of other schools not currently
playing DivI hockey have expressed an interest in HE, but even if true,
expressing an interest doesn't amount to much at this stage.  My guess is
it would take the form of, "What would we have to do in order to be
admitted?"

In UConn's case, it would probably mean an increased level of support for
hockey from the school, including a new home rink.  UConn followers can
explain and have explained much better than I can what the chances of those
things happening are.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93