From:
John MacKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John MacKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 18:09:26 -0500
As many of you that I met both in Worcester and Providence during last
years playoffs may remember, I follow the game pretty closely, but not
to waste space.  Therefore, I tend to post only once every quarter.

After watching a couple of games this year involving Michigan, MSU,
Colorado College, Minnesota, and live Harvard/Brown, BU vs. UND, and
Northeastern v. BU & North Dakota, I can honestly say that there is one
game I really want to see.

After watching BU play this last couple years, especially snuffing any
life out of my poor Northeastern Huskies in every Beanpot, I can
honestly say that to beat them, you must have solid goaltending and play
three good lines.  A team must also have size to out muscle them in the
neutral zone.  The only team I see with the size and stamina to give
them a real game might be Michigan.

I would love to see a Michigan v. BU game.  (Im sure we all would).  I
guess the schedule makers must have to make it during the regular
season, because lord knows that Michigan has a distinctive aversion to
NCAA final games (I'm starting to think that they should lock Red
Berenson in the dressing room during the NCAA Phinal PHour)

As for the mighty flame war as to which conference is better, I wont get
into it.  Western teams traditionally win more NCAA championships (20
out of the last 26 I think), but the eastern teams have gotten bigger
and stronger.  As for the leagues, the ECAC must get bigger sized
athletes to play with the traps of lake state, etc.  I am looking
forward to seeing colgate this year because they according to toot
calhoun (princeton coach), they might be a team to watch.

Again, I would love to see BU v. Michigan in a regular season game.
Anyone else think the same.

Just my two cents..

John.