From:
Todd Myrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd Myrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 14:26:15 EST
No, it doesn't mean most of us think the Hockey East is the "best" league....
it just means we all know what a waste of time it is for every Hockey-L'er
to zip off a note proclaiming that their respective league is "the best", so
most of us aren't bothering.  We know from past experience there is really
no substantiating any "best" claim unless enough inter-league, regular season
games could be played, which will never happen with the number of game
restrictions by the NCAA.  And even if there were a lot of games played between
league members, talent varies drastically from year to year, and so would
domination by one school or a group of schools in a given conference vary.

Just be lucky we don't have to do what Ohio State football fans will be doing
at the end of the year, when they'll be forced to demolish some weak-sister
PAC-10 team in the Rose Bowl, and cry that their team REALLY is #1...at least
we have a true championship tournament which supposedly will put the 2 best
teams against each other (but we all know even that doesn't always happen).