From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 1995 01:14:30 -0400
In this week's Drop the Puck, there is an interesting quote from Jack
Parker about the quality of play in HE.

"I don't think how good Maine and BU are says how good Hockey East is.
It's how good Providence is.  It's how good Merrimack is.  And it's
how good Mass-Lowell is.  I believe winning a championship doesn't
make a league good but what happens at the bottom [does] - how good
the teams in eighth and ninth place are."

I also noted the following:

Maine finished 32-6-6.  BU finished 31-6-3.  There was no other team
in DivI that had that few losses, and no team won as many games as
either Maine or BU.

But Maine did not sweep any HE opponents this season.  And BU only
swept two - BC and UMass-Amherst.

I wish I didn't have to say this, but please note I am not disparaging
any of the other conferences, all of which had reasons to be proud of
their showings this season.  <end disclaimer>