From:
Ryan G Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan G Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 18:05:44 -0500
I agree!

I was at the garden for the final College Hockey game there and the officiating
was poor.  The too many men on the ice call was awful.  There were 3 players
from PC out on the playing surface and 3 AT the bench, but with skates on the
ice.  There were many missed calls and the worst was right before the Grier
goal:

PC's Gill checked Grier in the corner to the left of the PC goalie, a clean
check, where Gill was able to hold Grier for a few seconds pinned against the
boards.  Grier, taking offense to anyone who could actually body check him
decided that a blatant two-hander across the back of Gill's calf was called for.
There was no call by the official and while Gill was limping (obviously hurt)
around in the corner Grier, now uncovered skated to the front of the net and
backhanded home a rebound.  I used to hold Grier in high regard, he has alot of
talent and normally uses his size without trying to hurt anyone.  In this
particular game, he got away with one more slash to Gill before he was finally
called for one in the third period.

Ryan Stone