From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 14:56:28 EST
Ok, I'm kinda on a posting frenzy here:-)

Adam Wodon writes, "Don't ask me how in the world St. Lawrence is doing
it.  They've been woeful, at best, when I've seen them."

I will take this as an attestment to the wonderful progress that SLU
has made in the last 4-5 weeks:-)

But seriously, when we played Princeton in the first half of the season
I said to my roommate, "They (they being Princeton) looked terrible.
Woeful at best!" and then a few weeks later, we saw Princeton pull off
the upset of the Century in beating Maine.  The point is that Princeton,
just like SLU, can play wonderfully or terribly (that is how St.
Lawrence is doing it).

More on the specific side, in the last 5 games (and really even before
that) SLU's power play has been down-right scarry (this is good:-)) and
the kill has been even better.  John Bracco has come up huge when he
has been called on and the defense has given him ALOT to be happy about.
Also, I can't say enough about the freshmen.  DiFrancesco is just
plain awsome.  He has been moved up to center the scoring line with
Scott Stevens and Burke Murphy and this has produced a nice
offensive line for the Saints.  Not really sure what others think, but
he is easily my candidate for rookie of the year (Owen ain't been bad
either though;-))  Difrancesco's presence on this line has pulled
some attention off of Murphy which has given him less than the double
coverage he is used to having.  Two other talented Freshman are
Ladouceur and McLaughlin.  Ladouceur had not played in about 4 games
(shoulder injury) before the UVM games, but he looked great none the
less.  McLaughlin has been his steady self, hard-working and speedy,
even though he is playing on, I believe, the third line.

Well, this is my view of the Saints, I'm sure others will disagree with
it, but that is ok:-)  Yes, the Saints have gotten some lucky breaks
in the 5 wins, but I don't think anyone could/should take anything
away from the team because they *have* played very well in this
stretch and have deserved every win (IMHO).