From:
AVROM LITIN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AVROM LITIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 23:26:44 CST
> The UIC Pavilion is unavailable this weekend due to the Ameritech
> women's tennis tournament <formerly Virginia Slims.>  The Pavilion holds
The games are next weekend.
> around 9000 for hockey, but the new private arena in the suburbs, Seven
> Bridges, only holds around 1500 I am told.  Normally the prices at the
> Pav are $8 for reserved, $6 for general admission, $4 and $3 for children
> respectively.  Students are free.  They jacked up the prices to make up
> for the lost revenue they would have at the Pav, I am told by the
> higher-ups here.  Even students have to pay $12.  It's too bad we won't
> have the 4000-5000 we usually have at the Pav when Michigan visits.  Oh,
> well.  Hope this helps!
>
> -Mark
Just to clarify things a bit.  I talked to the AD, the ticket cost was set
at that price in order to cover the costs of holding the game their.  that
site was chossen after discussions with the other sights in chicago. The first
choice, the united center, home of the blackhawks, was not available.  the
second choice, the horizon, home of the Wolves of the IHL, was also not
available.
Seven Bridges is a big improvement over the franklin park ice rink that the
flames have used in the past.

I will post the directions to get there tomarrow, I can't find them right now.

Avrom
Avrom Litin                    University of Illinois at Chicago
[log in to unmask]                           Department of Chemistry
[log in to unmask]                                Mail Code 111
[log in to unmask]                            845 W. Taylor St
72567,[log in to unmask]                  Chicago IL 60607-7061
OS/2 in '92, Warp in '95             Windows 95 might ship in 96