From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 11:00:00 EST
Although I haven't seen it in print, I did hear from a
friend that former Wolverine netminder Chris Gordon
has signed with Worcester in the AHL, replacing
the recently traded Les Kuntar (SLU).  I'll give a
very small woof that Gordon is in the AHL and Steve
Shields (also Michigan) is now in the ECHL.  However,
I'd prefer to see them both in the AHL/IHL with an
opportunity to get some time in the NHL.  (But, I am
looking good on my bet, with a few friends, that
Gordon will play a non-exhibition NHL game before
Shields.  Unfortunately, we'll never know how good
Michigan would have been with Gordon in net rather
than Shields over the previous four seasons.)

Also, a few former collegians were sent from St Louis
(NHL) to Peoria (IHL), including forwards Denny
Felsner (Michigan), Patrice Tardif (Maine) and Craig
Johnson (Minnesota, if my memory is correct).

John H
U Mich