From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 13:11:28 -0500
** MIKE WRITES: **
>Well, Tory is off to an incredible start and might be Maine's second
>best D behind Imes, among a core of blueliners that is probably
>playing better than anyone in HE.  He's a shoo-in for the HE Rookie
>Team and a contender for RotY.  It is really great to see and I am
>happy for him.  I hope that more people will get to see him play so
>that they will likewise no longer think of him in connection with the
>ineligibility, and instead think of him as one of the better
>defensemen in the league.

Mike was right on here.  Shawn Walsh has called him the "quarterback of the
power-play" and that is quite a compliment for a player who is not only
playing his first full year of college hockey, not only playing with one of
the best defensemen in the country in Chris Imes, but also on the team with
one of the best power-plays in the country. Through 26 Games so far this
season, Tory has 4 Goals and 22 Assists for a team second-best point total
at 26.  Incidently, Imes has 3 Goals and 19 Assists!

>I wonder what his attitude is towards it.  I am sure the Maine folks
>and media have forgotten it, while outside media/fans haven't.  What
>do you do when an opposing writer/radio person mentions it in an
>interview?  I can see how you'd get tired of hearing about it, but I
>think my approach would be to explain how I've decided to use it to
>make me determined to prove myself on and off the ice.  A positive
>attitude is bound to impress people.

Not all Maine folks have forgotten either.  Hockey runs big in my family,
and for instance my brother refers to Tory as "Mr. Inelligible".  I would
imagine it would get tiring, and I think the fans hold more against former
athletic director Mike Plosack and the University as a whole for the
problems that involved Tory and Tardiff last season.
| DERON TREADWELL - [log in to unmask] |
|         University of Maine (20-1-5)       |
|     1994 Great Western Freezeout Champs!   |
|        1995 RPI Invitational Champs!       |