From:
Rob Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rob Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 20:07:01 -0600
I don't know much about the BC bench alignment, but I have heard of other "home
ice advantages".  For instance, I was told by a former Badger that the height
of the bench that the players sit on is a couple of inches shorter for the
visiting team than the Badger bench.  I've never measured it though.  I guess the
theory is the the more schrunched up a player is the more likely he'll get
fatigued, or something like that.  I've also heard that the visitors locker room
at Duluth is pink, to make the visiting team less aggressive.  I've never seen
it though, and it may be gone now that the DECC has been remodeled.  Can anyone
confirm either of these?  Anyone know of others?

Rob Holmes
Antarctic hockey weenie