From:
Steve Tine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Tine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 18:56:32 -0500
On Thu, 8 Dec 1994, James Holmes wrote:

> I don't see any reason why a highly recruited young man would go to BU. If
> you can't get into an ivy league school you should at least go to BC. I
> would rather go to a div. III school than go to BU the perrenial steakhead
> goon and little rich kid school.

   Could someone explain to me, or even James himself, how a kid from "St.
Cloud State University" in Minnesota could possibly say that BU is a
"perrenial steakhead goon and little rich kid school?"  And then imply
that BC is not(he's obviously never been to Boston)!  Possibly James does
not have a clue how good BU is at hockey, not to mention academics.  BU is
the defending HE Champions, and any player with the intention to some day
play in the NHL would attend a school that could win the NC$$ title.
Maybe James should pick up a college rating book, and take a look at the
Hockey-L Poll and see what BU is ranked before he makes an amazingly
stupid post like this.

|   Steven Tine                              GO TERRIERS!                |
|     ENG '97                             1994 HE Champions              |