John W. Davis
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 11:59:43 EST

> >There is *no* way to compare the Beanpot to any other college hockey
> >tournament.
> >
> >Sean Pickett
> >Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East Champions!
>
> What he said.
> Praise the hockey gods for satellite dishes and sports bar owners willing
> to tune in so Hockey East-starved alums can lap it all up two Mondays in
> February. If you've never been there in person, call any of the schools'
> alumni offices and find out if there's a Beanpot party in your city. BU has
> 30-ish around the country. We had Harvard "infil-traitors" at ours last
> year.
> ________________________________
> Helga Dimitrov
> CWRU Magazine, Office of Public Affairs
> Case Western Reserve University
> 235 Yost Hall, 216/368-6949 voice, -4835 fax

OK, I'm about to add fuel to the fire!  I also expect to get flamed
resoundingly (is this a word?). But.....

I'm going to disagree here.  The beanpot involves the same teams every
year doesn't it?  It's my impression it's for the Boston Schools.
This is great for Boston (or even HE fans-although I'm sure
Maine probably ignore it).  But is it really the best?

I'll put my vote for The Badger Showdown (of course I'm biased!)
Every team that gets invited to played in it has gushed about it.
Shawn Walsh said a few years ago after WI beat Maine in the finals,
that he would love to play there again.  Of course, he got his
wish the next year when the Black Bears won it all in theNC$$
Phinals!

UW doesn't stick to regional teams and they don't fill it with
patsies to make sure Bucky brings home the hardware.

The UW administration does an excellent job with the whole deal,
the city of Milwaukee supports the whole thing well.  And the
Bradley Center is wonderful (thank you to the Pettit's).

I'm sorry but it just can't be beat!

later

jd
ON WISCONSIN!