From:
Spraguer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 13:08:16 -0400
Yep, he played for Maine, and he was my hero throughout high school.
See, the guy is 5-4 and about the hardest-working hockey player I have
ever seen.  He would get done with a 45-second shift and just about fall
over the boards onto the bench, exhausted.  Then he would do it again
shift after shift, for the whole game.  Due to his size, he got slammed a
lot, but he bounced back like it never happened, and I think he actually
fed off getting crushed so often.  It made him try that much harder.
Being in the 5-6 to 5-7 range myself, I can really appreciate his effort
and his accomplishments.  I think it's safe to say that he was almost
everyone's favorite player during his 3 years at Maine.  While it's too
bad to see him released, I'm glad to see he even got a chance, because
most people didn't think he would even get that much of a look from the
pros.  I think he proved a lot just by getting as far as he did.

-Brian Sprague