From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 1994 20:36:28 -0400
[log in to unmask] (Mike Machnik) wrote:

>IMO, if he were to stay at defense, he has the ability
>to be the best  BU has had.  But he has not yet
>distinguished himself the way Ahola  did, and one could
>even make a case for Dave Quinn although his  career
>was cut short.  Scott Shaunessy was good too, but he
>may have  been just prior to that nine year range.

I was wondered how long it would be before Peter Ahola was
mentioned. ;-)  I still think Chris is better than Peter
overall and especially as a freshman.  Dave was the first
outstanding defenseman I saw play for BU.  His loss was felt on
the ice during the games he missed in 86-87, and the entire
87-88 season.

As for Scott, I saw him play in 85-86 and 86-87.  He was a good
defenseman, but his temper kept him from being a great one.  I
still remember him being tossed from a game at Maine (he
dressed and was watching in the stands when some Maine fans and
his father got into an altercation.  Scot literally jumped into
the fray.  He go away from secruity, but his dad was tossed out
of the arena).  I also remember a number of games in which he
received penalties for charging.  Overall, he had too many game
and/or ten minute misconducts assessed against him.

Mikes comments on BU's defensive weakness up front are true and
I do agree with them.  I still want to see Chris remain on
defense, but his comments that Chris could help BU out much
more as a forward have merit.  I also agree that BU's forwards
are smaller then a few years ago.

I have not yet read much about the Hockey East rosters, and
from Mike's comments on Merrimack, I infer that he believes
that they will finish in the top of the league this year.  If
they are that good it will be a major achievement for them.  It
will also make HE even more exciting than last year.

Sean Pickett     -     Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East
Champions!