From:
Jose Raffucci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jose Raffucci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 03:21:16 GMT
Well, it's been only 15 minutes since the game ended, so I figured I
would geek up and post.

The RPI Engineers defeated Union 8-3 tonight in the final game of the
quarterfinal series.

The Engineer defense did a pretty good job of shutting down the Union
offense in periods 1 and 3.  In the second (as is becoming a *really* bad
habit) they seemed to fall apart and Union spent most of it in the RPI
zone.

Overall I'm psyched on how we're playing.  After the awful game on friday,
I think that the team is *finally* getting their act together, and lake placid
should be a rather excellent weekend.

ObRandomCoolThings:

After play had stopped in front of the union net, RPI captain Ron Pasco
cooly reached over to Gallant's water bottle and took a swig.  The union
players were *not* happy about this... :)
Overall, the union players were not happy about anything.  There was a lot
of scuffling after the whistle.  I'll let someone else rant about the refs...

There weren't *nearly* as many oranges as I had hoped.  At the buzzer about
10 were pelted at the ice, but I don't think any of them hit anything.  God,
maybe RPI fans _are_ too nice?!?

-hOz

--
    Jose Raffucci, Computer and Systems Engineering '93.5  [log in to unmask]
  Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy, NY 12180