From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 1994 11:46:50 -0500
I wasn't aware that the level of credits for graad and undergrad are
different,so I'll say that before every U-maine person reading this jumps
on my throat, but wouldn't you think that someone at U-maine would
CHECK this out to see what the requirements are?  Perhaps even the PLAYER
should have known?

Secondly, what's this with Maine having grad students on the team?  I
thought red shirting is common in football and basketbalal, but not
hockey.  I beleive that at michigan no one on the team is red shirted.

And, what I saaid about Tardiff can go for a lot of the atheletes, if you
want to look at it in the bigger picture.  I went through the U-M student
directory, and I looked up a lot of the players (football, basketball,
and especially hockey), and a lot of players are in schools considered
much easier than the normal college of Literature, science, and the
arts.  It's too bad that college sports has deteriorated into a money
making machine.

It's amazing to hear how many students pick college instead of junior for
the "Education," and then take mickey mouse type courses.
It just frustrates me, as a student working hard, having to pay $15,000 a
year, to see peopple getting a free ride and taking utter crap for clases
(this is not against Tardiff, but athletics in general).

I had a few football players in my psych class last year, and we had
debates scheduled.  None of them showed up on their debate day.
Actually, one of them showed up only 50% of the time.
It just makes me sick.

---
Eric Rickin ([log in to unmask])
University of Michigan Class of 1996