"UNION::WEISEA" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UNION::WEISEA
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 1994 16:03:00 EST
I first wanted to say that I thought Coach Walsh gave us a fabulous letter.
If you're reading this, coach, I just wanted to say that even though I've
only seen a few UMaine games in the past couple of years, I've heard & seen
all of the things that you have accomplished in the past year (from the list,
of course). I have accumulated more respect for you as a coach and especially
as a person. With all of the pressure and allegations that have occupied
Coach Walsh that has come about in the past year, I haven't seen too many
people do a better job of handling it all than Shawn Walsh.

Regarding the shoot-out.

Why would this hurt college hockey? I can only think that it would be more
exciting to the fans, not to mention those who don't pay too much attention.
I've seen several Clarkson games in the past few years where somebody
deserved a W. Yes, sometimes both teams deserve a win in a game like Maine-
BU on Saturday, but speaking as a biased CU fan, I'd like to see my team
leave the arena with a win.

I'm off on a tangent. Sorry.

Anyway, the point is the excitement. I'm sure somebody must have mentioned
this already, but look at the Canada-Germany game in Albertville. Certainly
one of the most exciting hockey games I've seen in my life. I can't quite
remember if regulation was exciting, but the shoot-out...

What I think we should think about is those REALLY exciting, nerve-wracking,
on-the-edge-of-your-seat games that ended in a tie. Imagine what that game
would have been like had the NC$$ let us have a shoot-out to top it off?

Just something to think about!

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93
Union College '9?
[log in to unmask]        [log in to unmask]