From:
The Hockey Hamlet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Hockey Hamlet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 1994 00:20:02 -0500
        This was the best game that I've seen Yale play all year. RPI
didn't play poorly, but Todd Sullivan just wouldn't let us lose. I
apologize for the paucity of info. I was handicapped by both the PA, and
the amazing fact that I actually had a date tonight...

        1       2       3       OT
RPI     0       0       2       0=2
Yale    0       1       1       0=2

Scoring
Second period
1) Yale 15:12 SHG. (I wish I had gotten the scoring...it was whoever's
first goal of the season...)

Third period
2) RPI Kwasniewski (Pasco, Majic) 9:22 PPG.
3) RPI Pasco (unassisted) 13:02.
4) Yale Kozic (Nyberg, Leroux) 13:30 PPG.

Saves
                1       2       3       OT
Little (RPI)    13      8       6       2=29 (31 shots)
Sullivan (Y)    19      17      16      4=56 (58 shots)

        Yale's first goal game about thirty seconds after we had killed
off a 5 x 3. Still down a man, we broke 2 x 2, deftly passed it in the
zone until the lucky scorer potted the puck over a sprawled Little. When
RPI came back with two relatively quick ones midway through the third, it
looked pretty bad for Yale...for about 15 seconds. Then, on the opening
face off of our power play, Kozic tipped home a Nyberg blast from the
point. Sullivan was a stone wall for the first forty-nine minutes, and the
last twelve. While the entire Yale team played well tonight, skating fast
and beating RPI to the puck in most cases, the defense was fairly
pathetic...like about 58 shots pathetic. Sullivan has to be getting used to
this, though. In the five Yale non-losses, Sullivan is averging
in the mid-forties for saves. Todd is having a great season for an
undermanned hockey team.

        BTW, I forget whether I read this last week or the week before,
but if it is (still) true that Little needed twenty odd saves for the
school record, his twenty-nine tonight should have done the trick, but I'm
sure someone at RPI will know better than I.

--
7000 miles. 10 days. 26 states. 1 cop.                   Rob Callum
Des Moines to New York.                 [log in to unmask]