Sender:
From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 11:09:56 -0500
Andrew Rapoff Usa writes:

>  Here in Madison, we get a *lot* of news on the
WCHA, a little on the CCHA, and *nothing* on
HE and the ECAC.

Is there any place in the country that covers both
east and west well?  I doubt it: the only media
outlet with any incentive to do so would be
national (CNN, ESPN), and we all know they
have better things to do ("welcome to the Paul
Mitchell wet t-shirt volleyball tour...").

Likewise, when I have lived in the two principal
eastern college hockey media centers, Boston and
Albany, coverage of the ECAC and HE has been
excellent, but coverage of the CCHA, WCHA, and
Indies has been non-existent.  The Boston Globe
and Herald, respectively our local rag and bloid,
don't even profile NC opponents of Boston area
teams.  And I doubt anybody at the Albany
Times Union can pronounce Sault Ste. Marie, let
alone cover LSSU.

The Globe *does* include western scores in agate
type in the weekend papers, though they are not
to be trusted (heck, the copy editor hasn't even
figured out that Cornell actually beat SLU last
week...).

Greg
Slumberville, MA
Let's Go Red!  Sweep the greens!