Sender:
From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1992 16:07:49 EST
I knew that I had more things to add to that last post.  The Columbus Dispatch
had NO WRITE-UP for Friday's game and only the usual three-sentence blurb for
Saturday's.  The biggest win of the year (and probably of the careers of the
six seniors) and they get no ink.  Sigh.  The OSU Lantern did carry a story in
today's issue, but it was the usual "We beat them and we feel great."  No
attempt at analysis, no commentary, no attempt to interview LSSU (at least they
didn't say that LSSU had refused interviews) and no attempt to catch up with
that now-infamous trainer.  This paper is run by the journalism school isn't
it? (That is a rhetorical question.)

OSU is 4-0 when I take my notebook to the rink and take down notes and
observations on the game.  I ought to do that more often.  What were we saying
about superstitions?

ECAC Note:  Give Bill Fenwick the Hockey-L swami award as he predicted a couple
of weeks ago that the team who would win the ECAC would be the team that
screwed up the least.  U of M fans shouldn't talk about backing into the CCHA
title; at least the Wolverines clinched the title with a win--Harvard got
swept!  SLU was the only team in the ECAC top 4 to get all 4 points this
weekend, and Yale barely escaped with three.  Go figure.

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95