Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1992 01:12:49 EST
I thought some people would get a kick out of this.  I told you earlier
this week about the time Merrimack play-by-play man Dan Roche made a one-
handed grab of a deflected shot up in the balcony at UNH, while on the air.
Well, tonight it happened AGAIN.  Since Chris Craig said they'll be putting
up a big net to prevent pucks from going up there, this may be the last time
this happens.  Dan and I had a great time with this on the air, wondering
what the chances are of him catching pucks twice.  SID Jim Seavey came on the
air and asked Dan if he still had any eligibility left - with all the injuries
Merrimack has suffered (it has reached double digits as far as players out,
and 1/3 of the team iced tonight came from the JV team), they are looking for
anyone they can get.

Dan got a great ovation from the UNH crowd again. :-)

BTW, for Boston-area fans, Dan will be doing color for the Beanpot Monday
on WEEI (590 AM) with Dale Arnold.

Around the league tonight:
at UNH 7, Merrimack 3
  Closer than the score shows despite Merrimack being severely hampered
  by injuries.
Kent 6, at Providence 5
  Kent sweeps BC and PC!
Maine led Lowell, 5-1, late - I'll verify the final tomorrow and send
  out updated standings with boxes.  But Maine has likely taken over sole
  possession of first place.

Thanks to special guests tonight at UNH: I got the guy who throws the fish
to come on and talk about it, and also injured UNH forward Kevin Thomson,
who said he expects to be back for Friday's game with BC.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   mikem@{beanpot,bubba}.ma30.bull.com