From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1993 22:52:38 EST
  - Michigan Tech's 3 points at Wisconsin is the most for the Huskies since
     1974!

  - Minnesota wasn't the only one to tie a tie record!  MTU tied its school
     record for ties at 5.

  - Jason Wrights assist tonight Ties him with Bob Palante for most points
      by a MTU freshman defenseman in history, with a chance to break it
       next weekend.

  - MTU finished  WCHA play at 15-12-5  moving from 6th place last year to
      4th place this season

  - In the second Half of the season MTU took 3 points at CC, Denver and
     Wisconsin, a road record anyone would take!

  - Bob Mancini in an interview after the game said that on the delayed
     penalty call that Wisconsin scored on, Wisconsin had 7 players on the ice
     after they pulled the goalie, and the linesman reported it and the Ref
     refused to act on it.  He said he would review the tape and then ask
     Comissioner Otto for an explanation.  Obviously I didn't see the game
     any-one from Wisconsin care to give an objective view of what happened?
     I believe this was on the tying Goal.

  - When Newell Brown left before the season started, we were a little nervous
    about what would happen to the program.  Bob Mancini has stepped in and
    eased all our minds with a great job this season.  Congrats and thanks
    to Head coach Bob Mancini and the Huskies on an excellent season, and
    good luck in the post season!  GO HUSKIES!

                              Bob