From:
"ACAD2A::ASSLK" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACAD2A::ASSLK
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1993 01:38:24 -0900
Scoring by periods:     UAA 0-2-1  3            Shots on goal: UAA 11-10-17  38
                        UAF 0-1-0  1                           UAF  9-13--9  31

Power play:     UAA  0 for 5
                UAF  0 for 6

Got to cut this short tonight - hopefully will have more time tomorrow night
for the write-up.

The UAA Seawolves won over the 11th ranked UAF Nanooks tonight at the Sullivan
Arena to bring their winning streak to three games.  This was a very very
exciting game and the Seawolves IMHO played their best game of the year
tonight.  They put everything together that it takes to win...they were taking
shots...my guess would be a total of about 70 or 80 or so... they also had team
defense down... forechecking like never before too... and most
importantly... they played for 60 minutes...the FULL 60 minutes...not just the
last period as they have recently.  The Nanooks, although probable not at their
best, did play well, but UAA never gave them the edge.

I came into tonight's game quite concerned about what the outcome would be..and
actually was on the edge of my seat the entire game.  Even after the win
tonight, I am feeling the same way about tomorrow...as I KNOW that UAF coach
Don Lucia will have his team fired up for tomorrow's game...

SK