From:
The Hockey Hamlet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Hockey Hamlet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1992 00:14:54 EST
        1       2       3
Yale    3       2       2--7
Brown   2       1       1--4

First period
        Scoring
1) Yale Leroux (Cipolla) .25.
2) Yale Weidenbach (Maltby) 1.14.
3) Yale Leroux (Nyberg, Lavish) 12.09.
4) Brown Martino (Chase, Hanley) 13.30. 5-3 PPG
5) Brown Jones (Humber, Chauvette) 16.28.

        Penalities
12.09 Yale Emmons (tripping); 13.05 Yale Brierley (interference)

Second Period
        Scoring
6) Yale Kaufmann (Duffy, Allen) 3.50. PPG
7) Brown Mulhern (unassisted) 6.05. PPG
8) Yale Duffy (Lavish, ??) 7.03. PPG

        Penalities
1.54 Brown Smitko (elbowing); 4.21 Yale Mackey (slashing); 6.35 Brown
Traggio (holding); 11.01 Yale Duffy (holding); 14.22 Brown Chase
(interference); 15.50 Yale Kozic (charging)

Third Period
        Scoring
9) Brown Thompson (unassisted) .57.
10) Yale Weidenbach (Maltby) 4.58.
11) Yale Lavish (Kaufmann, Leroux) 17.13.

        Penalities
2.24 Brown Humber (tripping); 8.37 Yale Allen (holding the stick); 17.30
Brown Ross (high sticking); 19.44 Yale Allen (high sticking)

Power plays
Yale    2/5
Brown   2/7

Shots
        1       2       3
Yale    10      9       9--28
Brown   16      8       12-34

        The first half of the first period, Yale held a clinic in cherry
picking.  Our first goal was scored that way, and we attempted it 5 or 6
more times. We seemed to always have a man behind the Brown defense.

        The most impressive player on the ice tonight was definately Todd
Sullivan, the Yale goalie. Twice in the game, right before the two-man
advantage in the first, and during the second Brown power play in the
second, Sullivan faced a flurry of outstanding shots, and made even better
saves.

        As has been the case, our offense isn't the problem. They seem to
be able to score anytime they feel like skating. We pass ourselves out of
several good opportunities, but when we're skating, it's just a question of
reloading and regrouping. The defense is very spotty. Tonight, they seemed
unable to clear the puck away from around the net. Two of the four Brown
goals, the second and third, were scored because the "d" could not clear
the puck after Sullivan made the initial save.

        I believe Harvard tied Princeton 6-6 tonight, so that takes a
little bit of the luster off tomorrow night's game, but it still will be a
helleuva game. (And if Maine lost tonight, a meeting of the only two
undefeated teams in Div. I) Then the Bulldogs go off to play Maine in
Alaska on Thanksgiving Day. I'll be real interested to see how tough we
play the them...

P.S.--They were changing the scoring all over the place tonight. The first
and third periods are right, but I fear the second period assists might be
way off.
--
If I could do one thing                                     Rob Callum
I would try to write and sing              [log in to unmask]