Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:07:07 -0600
Mike (et. al.)
I think it comes down to money
the tradeoff is 3 weeks of playoffs generating
	gate from 4 first round best of 3 series plus
	gate from 4 second round best of 3 series plus
	gate from 2 semis plus
	gate from championship plus
	possible gate from third place game
versus 2 weeks of playoffs generating
	gate from 6 first round best of 3 series plus
	gate from 2 quarter finals plus
	gate from 2 semis plus
	gate from championship plus
	possible gate from third place game

there is, however, a longer term issue that nobody has discussed.
It now becomes far more difficult for schools to add Ice hockey.
You really need schools to add in pairs, and furthermore, you need
some cooperation among the leagues to be sensible about realignments
when that happens.

charlie