From:
Mike Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:39:04 -0500
My gut says the WCHA goes to the "Super Six" format, although one could
argue that there are other formats that better reward regular season
success.  Puts 6 teams into St. Paul.  Although I don't know whether
they'd be able to justify 2 separate-admission games on Thursday like they
do on Friday, might have to go to a doubleheader format for Thursday.

Mike Abegg

PS Isn't this conference alignment the one that was obvious all along?
Omaha moving is a no-brainer given geography and historical rivalries with
WCHA schools in other sports, but it DID require the WCHA to think big
picture...