From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:24:21 -0700
--- John Edwards <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 9/26/07, Todd Nielson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Even more curious, I see from WSU's press release that they are keeping
> > women's hockey.  This is said to be a financial decision, but doesn't
> > keeping the women's team diminish the cost savings significantly?
>
> Not necessarily. I suspect one of the big expenses for the WSU men's
> team was travel, especially being in a league as far-flung as the CHA.
> . . .

Also makes a big difference if you're playing in your own rink or if you're renting ice.  If
you're playing in your own rink, spreading the fixed cost over more teams is a good thing.  If
you're renting ice, then you have much less fixed cost and every dollar you spend is an added expense.

Got a little couch potato?