From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 01:41:50 -0500
I didn't listen to the whole game, but here is what I picked up fromt he radio:

Brown was unconscious in net for OSU. Petrie wasn't--he let in at least
2 soft goals between his legs. But it all wasn't his fault--apparently
the defense fell asleep often, forcing Petrie to make some really tough
saves. He just couldn't make the easier ones. Don't ask me why, but the
team just plays better with Clarke in goal.

Defenseman Carper was on his way to a stellar game, until he got tired
in the third and went off for a change, during which OSU came up the
ice and scored the winning goal.

I wasn't surprised of the letdown against OSU. The Buckes were really pumped
and celebrated like they had won at the Joe. It was their first Division I win,
and against a rival.

But it doesn't hurt BG too much. The important game was on Friday. No
ground was lost in the standings.  Hopefully they will take OSU more
seriously now the next 3 times they face them, when it really matters.

Next for the Falcons--off to Badgerland. With UW struggling and BG surprising
everyone, that first-round matchup is starting to look interesting.

Keith