From:
Ronald Correia USA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 16:22:07 -0500
JaH is absolutely correct in what he wrote.  The problem stems from the
rescheduling of the PC vs Georgetown roundball game this past Monday.
Apparently, the ticket office was bombarded with phone calls Monday
regarding that game so the switchboard changed the voice mail system to
simply disconnect with the message "lines are busy, please call back."  I
brought the problem to their attention today and they seemed
unsympathetic.  Now to some real information:

1)  Another number is 401-865-2263.  This will connect with a real person
if she is at her desk.  If it rings more than 4 or 5 times, though, it
will bounce to her voice mail and I GUARANTEE she will NOT return your
call.

2)  The PC ticket office does not have any information yet regarding the
tournament.  The flyers are still being printed and they don't know
anything -- including the price!  I saw it posted here as $75.00 but I
can't confirm that.

3)  DON'T SEND ANY MONEY IN NOW!  They won't have the slightest idea what
to do with it and you'll probably end up without tickets.

4)  If you want a flyer when they're available, send your name and address
on a post card to the ticket office.  The address is:
   Providence College Ticket Office
   Providence College
   Providence, RI  02918

5)  I will post any information I get regarding the tourney as soon as I
get it.  I've been dealing with the PC ticket office since 1976, however,
and they tend to be "last minute" about everything.  I don't expect this
to be much different.  The person I spoke to today seemed amused that the
NC$$ expects this tourney to sell out early.  The Civic Center only seats
about 11,500 for hockey and I think we can get that many Maine and
Wisconsin fans in the building :-)  The rest of us could be in trouble!

-- Ron